- Culture and tourism tax
- As of 01/01/2013, the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg introduces a culture and tourism tax levied on chargeable private overnight stays in accommodation establishments such as hotels, guesthouses, youth hostels or private rooms. The culture and tourism tax shall be employed to promote Hamburg’s cultural and touristic attractiveness in particular
Business travellers, schoolchildrens and students who have to stay overnight in Hamburg for work experience, essential professional or business-related reasons are exempted from the tax. The guest may provide the accommodation establishment with the respective confirmation verifying the essential requisite for a professional or business-related overnight stay. This shall be done by the end of the stay at the latest. Employees may produce an employer’s confirmation; self-employed persons may produce a self-declaration. The relevant forms are available for download:
PDF employer’s confirmation
PDF self-employed persons
- Do you have WiFi?
- Yes, we have in both houses a free WiFi for hotelguests, please confirm the terms and conditions at the desk.
- When can I check in?
- You can deposit your luggage with us from 7 a.m. onwards.
On the day of your arrival, we can tell you at what time you can occupy your room. The exact time depends upon how full the hotel is, and when the other guests depart
- Are you located in the center of Hamburg?
Yes, we are only four S-Bahn stops from Central Station and two from the harbour. Walking distance to the Elbe beach.
- How far to the famous Reeperbahn?
- Only 2 stops by S-Bahn
- What sights should I see?
Definitely the Speicherstadt, the harbour, the Elbe. Interesting are neighborhoods Schanzensviertel and Karolinenviertel, Europes biggest cemetery, Ohlsdorf Friedhof, the old Elbe tunnel and a climb up the St. Michaeliskirche tower.
- Where can I go out at night?
- Depends on your taste. You can find many bars and restaurants around the house, and a lot of music clubs around the Reeperbahn.
- Can I rent a bycicle?
- We have some bicycles to rent. You can also look for stadtrad.hamburg.de .
- What is checkout time?
11 am, it´s possible to storeage your laugage over the day.
- Are the rooms quiet or noisy?
The house is located in quiet streets. However, there is a bus passing through very regularly.
- Are the rates per person or per room?
Our rates are always per room not including breakfast, exclusive cultura tax.
- Do you have a parking site?
- No, we don't. You have to look for space on the street. All spaces on the street are free of charge. There are special spaces for handicapped persons directly on front of our house. There is a parking garage.
- Is there a curfew?
No. There is no curfew.
- What is the wheather going to be like this morning?
Well, if we only knew...
In both houses, we have the daily papers with a wheather forecast.